[Ironruby-core] IronRuby scripting in Windows Store apps

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Sun Aug 26 18:30:31 UTC 2012

(Seems like my previous email didn't go thru, trying again)

I have just checked in a sample Windows 8 application that evaluates Ruby code and displays result.

https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/tree/master/Hosts/WindowsStore

Feel free to play with it. The basics should work but definitely expect bugs :). To try it out build Ruby.sln Win8 configuration:

main\Solutions> msbuild Ruby.sln /p:Configuration="Win8Debug"

Then open Hosts\WindowsStore\IronApp.sln, build and run.

The app is a regular C# Windows Store app that uses ScriptEngine to execute Ruby code against a ScriptScope containing a “main” variable, which is set to be the application MainPage UI element.

Tomas