[Ironruby-core] RubySpecs

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 31 16:57:59 EDT 2011

1) Partly. We are in progress of updating them. Since we've added more specs and sometimes corrected existing ones this needs to be done with care. The current progress is captured here:

After we are done with this process of bringing the specs up to date we can submit a path to RubySpec containing the changed we made. The plan is also to make the RubySpec dir a submodule so that merging with RubySpec is easier.

2) Or maybe we should just remove MRI completely? You can always use one on your system. I need to check if we need CRuby for anything in the infrastructure.

3) Well, that would be a question for RubySpec maintainers. I found some specs be failures Windows specific, which means the specs are not properly written. Feel free to contribute to RubySpecs git repo - I bet they are happy to accept fixes.

4) Well, you need to figure out if the behavior makes sense. If it doesn't feel free to file a bug on CRuby and let them decide if the behavior is intentional or not. Then CRuby might get fixed, specs might get fixed, or IronRuby might get fixed.

Which specs particularly are you working on? Is it marshal related?