Orion.Edwards at gallagher.co
Mon Oct 31 16:19:12 EDT 2011
I've just run mspec under the Languages\Ruby\Tests\mspec\rubyspec\core
folder against MRI 1.9.2p0 (which is checked into the ironlanguages-main
git repo), and it crashes with a segfault in putc_spec.rb
I then tried running against MRI 1.9.2p290 and I get the following:
1518 files, 9618 examples, 28229 expectations, 339 failures, 256
Running against the dev build of IronRuby stalls running tests in the
array subfolder, so I can't even complete the run.
I'd like to try fixing some of the spec failures that IronRuby has, but
these results raise several questions:
1. Are the specs in the mspec\rubyspec folder up to date? How would
someone find this out and/or update them?
- Also, I added a few specs the other day for the marshalling code. Do
these need to somehow get pushed upstream into some "master" rubyspec
2. Shouldn't we check the latest build of MRI into the ironlangauges
git-repo? Either the latest 1.9.2 or the just-released 1.9.3 instead?
3. Isn't MRI the "definitive" ruby? How can the specs be failing against
4. If I update some IronRuby code to pass the specs, how do I know that
the specs are even correct?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ironruby-core