[Ironruby-core] IronRuby not loading DLL

Paul Wheeler lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Mar 24 17:00:51 EDT 2011

I have been using IronRuby for a while now to do simple scripting
against DotNet DLLs with great success. I ran in to a problem recently
where I am asking IronRuby 1.1.1 to require a DLL but it does not appear
to be loaded. I do not get an error message but cannot instantiate any
types from the DLL. If I do "p Object.constants" it does not return any
namespaces or classes from the DLL.

When trying to do:
"mdMATCHUPOBJECTLib::mdMUIncrementalClass.new"

I get the error:
"undefined method mdMATCHUPOBJECTLib"

Where mdMUIncrementalClass is a class in the DLL and mdMATCHUPOBJECTLib
is the namespace. This works perfectly in C#/VisualStudio with the same
DLL (I am basically using the exact same code in C# and Ruby). If it
helps, this is an Interop DLL created by Visual Studio from a COM DLL.