[Ironruby-core] Access Top Level methods

Lewis Lin llin at polypaths.com
Thu Jun 30 15:58:34 EDT 2011

  Hi,

I am trying to access top level method from the class definition in
IronRuby scripts. Example:

def global_hi
end

class A
    def hi
       global_hi
    end
end

A.new.hi

The script executed in ScriptEngine throws a NoSuchMethodError.
I tried to ran the same code in iirb.exe It seems to behave the way I
expected. But when I tried it in ir.exe, it throws the exception as well.
I investigate a little more and found out

irb(main):021:0> self.method(:global_hi)
=> #<Method: Object#global_hi>
and
in ir.exe as well as script engine
 >>> self.method(:xx)
=> #<Method: Object(#<Class:#<Object:0x0000058>>)#xx>

Is there anyway to make the script behave like the one in iirb.exe?

Thanks,
Lewis