[Ironruby-core] [IronPython] Proposed Release Schedule for 2.7

Jimmy Schementi jimmy at schementi.com
Mon Jan 31 23:28:05 EST 2011


That schedule looks good for me too, and I can help get the releases out as
well.
~Jimmy


On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Tomas Matousek <
Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com> wrote:

> I propose we sync IronRuby releases with IronPython as follows:
>
> IronRuby - IronPython - date
> 1.1.2 - Beta 2 - February 6
> none - RC1 - February 20
> none - RC2 - February 27
> 1.1.3 - RTM - March 6
>
> Tomas
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com [mailto:
> users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Hardy
> Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 3:39 PM
> To: Discussion of IronPython
> Subject: [IronPython] Proposed Release Schedule for 2.7
>
> I'd like to propose the following release schedule for IronPython 2.7:
>
> Beta 2 - February 6
> RC1 - February 20
> RC2 - February 27
> RTM - March 6
>
> The need for a Beta 3 release could push those dates back by up to two
> weeks. Also, I may reevaluate based on the rate of bugs being fixed - if
> lots of fixes are coming in, delaying the release may be worthwhile.
> Obviously, any showstoppers would have an affect as while, but I don't
> believe there are any of those at the moment. The only current blocker for
> release is that the test suite does not pass 100%.
> That will need to be sorted prior to RTM.
>
> It's an aggressive schedule, but I think IronPython has gone too long
> without a release. I'm expecting there to be 2.7.x releases every 4-6 weeks
> if there are sufficient contributions (like new modules).
>
> I want to get the 2.x series behind us so that work can begin on 3.2/3.3.
> Compatibility with 3.x is going to be much better than 2.x, and with most
> Python stuff needing porting effort anyway getting IronPython support will
> be easier. That's going to require some work in the innards, and I'm not
> sure too many people are familiar with those parts or IronPython yet.
>
> I've already updated the version numbers to Beta 2 and fixed the installer
> bugs that prevented Beta 1 from installing over Alpha 1. At this point, the
> bugs that get fixed will probably be the ones that have patches, or at least
> solid repros, attached to them.
>
> If you've got a bug that you think *must* be fixed, bring it up here.
>
> Does anyone else think this is doable?
>
> - Jeff
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users at lists.ironpython.com
> http://lists.ironpython.com/listinfo.cgi/users-ironpython.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users at lists.ironpython.com
> http://lists.ironpython.com/listinfo.cgi/users-ironpython.com
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20110131/9827af94/attachment.html>


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list