[Ironruby-core] Preparing 1.1.2 release

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 18:33:08 EST 2011

> Great! I spent some time to make xbuild happy J, I’m glad it works on
> non-Windows boxes as well.

Thanks for that really :)

I've got a question wrt the build script we could set up: are the resulting
binaries different if I compile from Mac OS X, as compared with Ubuntu ?

If they are identical, I could work on provisioning a Vagrant box with all
that is required to generate the builds on Ubuntu automatically.

This would let anyone with access to Vagrant (and I think it works on
Windows too for the host) with the ability to automate the builds and tests
for IronRuby on *nix, and we could also push this to a VPS instance later on
so that we keep fresh automated binaries for OS X / Ubuntu etc.

Are the resulting binaries identical ?

 I filed a couple of Mono bugs (crashes) yesterday:
> So this might be hitting one of them. Or another. I guess we can either
> wait until these are fixed and try again or try to narrow the Rubygems crash
> down to a simpler repro.

I'll wait a bit, given my current free time, but I will definitely try again
later on (feel free to ping me if you want to try things out later on, by
email or gtalk thibaut.barrere at gmail.com).

-- Thibaut