[Ironruby-core] IronRuby IDE with MRI?

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 9 21:18:54 EDT 2011

Have you tried http://www.sapphiresteel.com/?

From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of David Garner
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 5:32 PM
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: [Ironruby-core] IronRuby IDE with MRI?

I've been trying to learn to program Ruby and I've been wondering if it's possible to use the Visual Studio IDE with MRI.  It seems to have some nice features, but I don't find much documentation about it anywhere.

I'm excited about the prospects of IronRuby, but it does not seem to be up to some of the stuff I need to do, yet.  Just wondering if I could get my head around the IDE while using all the gems and other benefits that are available in a more standard or mature programming environment.

I'm hoping that IronRuby will eventually support and surpass Matz's version.

David Garner