[Ironruby-core] IronRuby IDE with MRI?

David Garner dgarner at dgarner.com
Tue Aug 9 20:32:26 EDT 2011

Hi.

I've been trying to learn to program Ruby and I've been wondering if it's
possible to use the Visual Studio IDE with MRI.  It seems to have some nice
features, but I don't find much documentation about it anywhere.

I'm excited about the prospects of IronRuby, but it does not seem to be up
to some of the stuff I need to do, yet.  Just wondering if I could get my
head around the IDE while using all the gems and other benefits that are
available in a more standard or mature programming environment.

I'm hoping that IronRuby will eventually support and surpass Matz's version.

Thanks.

David Garner