[Ironruby-core] digest.so implemented

Bob A. lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Apr 12 21:29:53 EDT 2011

This is very much an ARGH!!!

Time line: Friday get confirmation about an interview using Ruby.
Google for IDE and find Ruby in Steel. Yea (ruby 1.86 in the free

Read the "Book of Ruby" and start my first Ruby application.
For my first application I choose Solve KenKen puzzles.

At some point I need to make a deep copy. I define my initialize_copy
method. The assumption is this will actually be ran, but NO!

I have not looked into implementing the IDuplicable interface. This is
what I ended up doing.

if equation.validEquation
  newEquation = equation.clone
        newEquation.initialize_copy(newEquation) #should not have to do
this. very anoying
  @equations << newEquation # need to make this a deep copy.

Is there a free ide that does plain Ruby vs. IronRuby?