[Ironruby-core] data binding in Silverlight 4

Brian Genisio briangenisio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 21:48:48 EDT 2010

SIlverlight, unlike WPF, is incapable of binding to dynamic properties.
 Static properties, on the other hand are no problem.  One way around this
is to create a string indexer on your class (this[string index]) that
returns the property by name.  Then, in the XAML, you can bind using array
(square-bracket) syntax:  <TextBlock text="{Binding [property]" />.  I do
this in C# a lot, and I am pretty sure it translates the same in IronRuby: