[Ironruby-core] data binding in Silverlight 4

Charles Strahan charles.c.strahan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 15:58:43 EDT 2010

That's my understanding. Silverlight will only reflect over properties, as
it does not use type descriptors - nor does it know how to determine a
dynamic object's attributes.

If you use attr_accessor, I believe that'll result in corresponding
properties being added to the generated class.

If all else fails, you could use the Silveright DataSet (
http://silverlightdataset.net/silverlightdataset/Default.aspx) project to
create bindable objects. Behind the scenes, it will create a class with
properties that match the column names you pass in. I used it in a recent
project where I needed to display a DataGrid bound to the results of an
IDataReader, where the columns weren't known until runtime. Just throwin' it
out there.

-Charles