[Ironruby-core] accessor methods and property syntax in .NET

Davy Brion ralinx at davybrion.com
Tue Sep 7 04:36:46 EDT 2010

Hi all,

IronRuby has a nice trick where attributes defined by attr_reader,
attr_accessor and attr_writer are usable as properties from C#... i was just
wondering: is it possible to use the same trick in our own ruby code?

or can anyone just point me in the right direction as to where in the
IronRuby source code i could find where this is being done?

I have accessor methods that really need to do something specific and
ideally, i'd like them be usable as properties in .NET since it leads to a
much nicer syntax in C#

brs,
Davy