[Ironruby-core] ActiveRecord loading veeeery slow

Eduardo Blumenfeld lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Sep 6 23:00:46 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I finally figured out the problem (weird tough).

It happens to be that I was using also (from the calling top-level

the following call:

load_assembly "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel"
include Microsoft::Office::Interop::Excel

I don't have the reason why this happened, but just by moving those
calls to a
place after the
require 'db_lib.rb'
that called the (previously) slow "connect" call,
the time went from 14 seconds to 1 second (or less)

My guess about the problem may be that by including the
the ironruby adds a huge quantity of objects to inspect
for a "method_missing" that works in the active_record gem,
specially in the establish_connection method.

Could my guess be correct?

Regards to all!!!

and keep working with IronRuby, IT ROCKS!!!

Eduardo Blumenfeld