[Ironruby-core] IronRuby 1.1.1 IIRB failing

Orion Edwards orion.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 19:35:05 EDT 2010


I'm not writing any characters, I'm just running iirb from the command
line...

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Tomas Matousek <
Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Right, the installer installs only to GAC. You can download all the
> binaries from
> http://ironruby.codeplex.com/releases/view/49097#DownloadId=159562.Thereis no point copying them to Program Files. Once they are in the GAC all apps
> load them from there. You can build a redistributable msm Windows installer
> package if you want to include IronRuby in your Windows app or you can just
> grab the binaries from the link above if you want an xcopy deployment.
>
>
>
> It seems irb doesn’t like the command you’re writing … does it include
> non-ASCII characters?
>
>
>
> Tomas
>
>
>
> *From:* ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:
> ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] *On Behalf Of *Orion Edwards
> *Sent:* Monday, October 25, 2010 4:17 PM
> *To:* ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> *Subject:* [Ironruby-core] IronRuby 1.1.1 IIRB failing
>
>
>
> After upgrading to IronRuby 1.1.1, I try run IIRB, and I get the following
> exception:
>
>
>
> Have I screwed up my install? What I did was this:
>
>
>
> 1. Ran the IronRuby installer
>
> 2. Copied the bin and lib folders to a local folder that I have checked
> into source control (to deploy IronRuby to other machines)
>
> 3. I wanted the dll's, and the installer seemed to ONLY (!?!?!?) put them
> in the GAC, so I went into the GAC and copied them out, then put them in my
> local ruby/bin folder
>
>
>
> The bytes are [B8] if running in powershell and [D0] in cmd
>
>
>
> mscorlib:0:in `Throw': Unable to translate bytes [B8] at index 2 from
> specified code page to Unicode. (System::Text::Dec
>
> oderFallbackException)
>
>         from mscorlib:0:in `Fallback'
>
>         from mscorlib:0:in `InternalFallback'
>
>         from mscorlib:0:in `GetCharCount'
>
>         from mscorlib:0:in `GetCharCount'
>
>         from mscorlib:0:in `GetChars'
>
>         from
> C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:1845:in `[]'
>
>         from
> C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:1845:in
> `_rl_get_screen_size'
>
>         from
> C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:1975:in
> `_rl_init_terminal_io'
>
>         from
> C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:2491:in
> `readline_initialize_everything'
>
>         from
> C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:3726:in
> `rl_initialize'
>
>         from
> C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:4720:in `readline'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/readline.rb:40:in
> `readline'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/input-method.rb:115:in
> `gets'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:139:in `eval_input'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:273:in `signal_status'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:138:in `eval_input'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:188:in `[]'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:188:in
> `buf_input'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:103:in `getc'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/slex.rb:205:in `match_io'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/slex.rb:75:in `match'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:286:in `token'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:262:in `lex'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:233:in
> `each_top_level_statement'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:229:in `loop'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:229:in
> `each_top_level_statement'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:228:in `catch'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:228:in
> `each_top_level_statement'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:155:in `eval_input'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:70:in `start'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:69:in `catch'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:69:in `start'
>
>         from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/bin/irb:13
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ironruby-core mailing list
> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20101027/094b951a/attachment.html>


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list