[Ironruby-core] IronRuby 1.1.1 IIRB failing

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 25 22:52:37 EDT 2010


Right, the installer installs only to GAC. You can download all the binaries from  http://ironruby.codeplex.com/releases/view/49097#DownloadId=159562.There is no point copying them to Program Files. Once they are in the GAC all apps load them from there. You can build a redistributable msm Windows installer package if you want to include IronRuby in your Windows app or you can just grab the binaries from the link above if you want an xcopy deployment.

It seems irb doesn't like the command you're writing ... does it include non-ASCII characters?

Tomas

From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Orion Edwards
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 4:17 PM
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: [Ironruby-core] IronRuby 1.1.1 IIRB failing

After upgrading to IronRuby 1.1.1, I try run IIRB, and I get the following exception:

Have I screwed up my install? What I did was this:

1. Ran the IronRuby installer
2. Copied the bin and lib folders to a local folder that I have checked into source control (to deploy IronRuby to other machines)
3. I wanted the dll's, and the installer seemed to ONLY (!?!?!?) put them in the GAC, so I went into the GAC and copied them out, then put them in my local ruby/bin folder

The bytes are [B8] if running in powershell and [D0] in cmd

mscorlib:0:in `Throw': Unable to translate bytes [B8] at index 2 from specified code page to Unicode. (System::Text::Dec
oderFallbackException)
        from mscorlib:0:in `Fallback'
        from mscorlib:0:in `InternalFallback'
        from mscorlib:0:in `GetCharCount'
        from mscorlib:0:in `GetCharCount'
        from mscorlib:0:in `GetChars'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:1845:in `[]'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:1845:in `_rl_get_screen_size'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:1975:in `_rl_init_terminal_io'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:2491:in `readline_initialize_everything'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:3726:in `rl_initialize'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:4720:in `readline'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/readline.rb:40:in `readline'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/input-method.rb:115:in `gets'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:139:in `eval_input'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:273:in `signal_status'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:138:in `eval_input'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:188:in `[]'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:188:in `buf_input'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:103:in `getc'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/slex.rb:205:in `match_io'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/slex.rb:75:in `match'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:286:in `token'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:262:in `lex'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:233:in `each_top_level_statement'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:229:in `loop'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:229:in `each_top_level_statement'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:228:in `catch'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:228:in `each_top_level_statement'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:155:in `eval_input'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:70:in `start'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:69:in `catch'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:69:in `start'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/bin/irb:13
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20101026/9c1c244a/attachment.html>


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list