[Ironruby-core] IronRuby 1.1.1 IIRB failing

Orion Edwards orion.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 19:17:06 EDT 2010


After upgrading to IronRuby 1.1.1, I try run IIRB, and I get the following
exception:

Have I screwed up my install? What I did was this:

1. Ran the IronRuby installer
2. Copied the bin and lib folders to a local folder that I have checked into
source control (to deploy IronRuby to other machines)
3. I wanted the dll's, and the installer seemed to ONLY (!?!?!?) put them in
the GAC, so I went into the GAC and copied them out, then put them in my
local ruby/bin folder

The bytes are [B8] if running in powershell and [D0] in cmd

mscorlib:0:in `Throw': Unable to translate bytes [B8] at index 2 from
specified code page to Unicode. (System::Text::Dec
oderFallbackException)
        from mscorlib:0:in `Fallback'
        from mscorlib:0:in `InternalFallback'
        from mscorlib:0:in `GetCharCount'
        from mscorlib:0:in `GetCharCount'
        from mscorlib:0:in `GetChars'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:1845:in
`[]'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:1845:in
`_rl_get_screen_size'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:1975:in
`_rl_init_terminal_io'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:2491:in
`readline_initialize_everything'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:3726:in
`rl_initialize'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rbreadline.rb:4720:in
`readline'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/readline.rb:40:in
`readline'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/input-method.rb:115:in
`gets'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:139:in `eval_input'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:273:in `signal_status'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:138:in `eval_input'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:188:in `[]'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:188:in
`buf_input'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:103:in `getc'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/slex.rb:205:in `match_io'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/slex.rb:75:in `match'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:286:in `token'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:262:in `lex'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:233:in
`each_top_level_statement'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:229:in `loop'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:229:in
`each_top_level_statement'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:228:in `catch'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb/ruby-lex.rb:228:in
`each_top_level_statement'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:155:in `eval_input'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:70:in `start'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:69:in `catch'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/Lib/ruby/1.9.1/irb.rb:69:in `start'
        from C:/Dev/TEST/ruby/bin/irb:13
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20101026/5f3aea03/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list