[Ironruby-core] Compiling on Mono?

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 25 13:30:48 EDT 2010

I think we should not have any #if MONO conditionals. That would mean we'd need a different set of binaries for Mono, Moonlight, etc. almost doubling the number of flavors we have today (desktop CLR, Silverlight 4, Silverlight 3).
Now that Mono 2.8 is released we can use memory mapped files (it wasn't available when I wrote this code). We don't need to use P/Invokes anymore.  I have the V4 implementation somewhere almost working so I might be able to check it in soon.

Tomas