[Ironruby-core] Compiling on Mono?

Joe Scott joseph_scott123 at msn.com
Mon Oct 25 08:51:38 EDT 2010

Doing a google search I found this.I have not had a chance to try it out maybe this would work.http://groups.google.com/group/DotNetDevelopment/msg/ba5e2bd42ecb83e3

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:31:08 +0200
From: Andrius.Bentkus at rwth-aachen.de
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Compiling on Mono?

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Alistair Bush <ali_bush at gentoo.org> wrote:

> I got it compiling, there is a missing reference for Mono.Posix, one bad

> cast and you need to use CCI in the constants. Does someone know what CCI

> should be?

patches would be nice :)
I can't patch the csproj with the missing reference because it would break building on windows. Creating another set of csproj for the a mono build would be madness. Do csproj'ects support something like ifdef or is it possible to include a reference only when mono is used?

And the other change I made was a one liner, I don't think that attaching an entire patch is is really necessary for it. Just run xbuild with CCI: xbuild /property:TreatWarningsAsErrors=false /property:DefineConstants="DEBUG MONO" Ruby.csproj
and look at the warning outputs... O for god sake, I'll just attach it.
I used this branch: http://github.com/mletterle/ironruby/tree/linux as the base.

Ironruby-core mailing list
Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org