[Ironruby-core] Contributions

Gøran Hansen mail at goeran.no
Sat Oct 23 03:30:56 EDT 2010

Hi there

I would love to contribute to this open source project. I’ve been learning
Ruby for the last year, and I’ve fallen in love with the language. It’s not
in my way, it’s fun and productive.

I’ve been a .NET developer for too many years, and it was really fun to
experience such a great language as Ruby outside the .NET world.
Nevertheless, I would love to be able to run Ruby upon the .NET runtime,
especially in my projects at work. For me to be able to use it in real world
projects, it has to become faster and more stable. My employer is a big fan
of standardization and well known solutions. They wouldn’t go for anything
except Java or .NET. I’m sure they don’t mind what language we use, but they
do care about the platform.

How can I help? Are the Contribution ideas still valid?

When things ended as they did, and Microsoft stopped to support the Iron*
languages, I was really happy how they made the handover to the community.
With Miguel and his team in charge, I’m sure this is going to end well. I
believe there are many .NET developers out there that would love to be able
to run Ruby code in .NET.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Gøran Hansen
Aspiring Software Craftsman