[Ironruby-core] Contributing?

Mike Moore blowmage at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 23:25:51 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Michael Letterle <
michael.letterle at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby
> My understanding is that Codeplex is used only for end user
> distribution and bug tracking

Good to know. Last time I was paying attention this was not the case. The
commits I've seen through twitter seemed to be syncing commits from
Microsoft's internal system out. I readily admin I am ignorant of the truth
however. :)

You can certainly build without VS, this has always been the case.
> All you need is msbuild or xbuild for the solution files, in the past
> there have been Rake files as part of the repo from very early on..
> but they seem to have disappeared.. anyone know what happened?
> I'm taking a look now on building under mono on linux, it's something
> me and Ivan were working on earlier in the year and this seems like a
> good time to revisit.

Excellent. I'd prefer to have rake be the official way to test and build,
since that is what every other Ruby project I work on does.