[Ironruby-core] Lowercase classname

Andrius Bentkus andrius.bentkus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:05:23 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 4:48 PM, andrew Wilson <a.wilson82 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is only an acceptable solution if the user has the source code and is
> capable of modifying it.  For how I test things with

Why? Just use 'LowerCase = get_const("lowerCase")'.
Actually I don't understand why one would code C# using camelStyle. The
standard is CamelStyle.

> IronRuby, this isn't always possible.  Seems odd to me that one of the most
> flexible language I know of can't read/integrate with another language due
> to code not following a rigid structure.

The fact that it is dynamic does not implicate that IronRuby should be able
to read all kind of crazy naming styles, it should implicate the you could
modify it to your needs with minimum amount of coding, just add something
like this before you use that library in ruby:

modul.constants.each do |const|
    eval "#{const.uppercase} = modul.const_get(const)"
end

This is only semi-pseudocode, but you should get the idea.

Doesn't IronPython allow for this?  I was fairly sure I could import
> non-standard .Net convention based code into it.

True or False.