[Ironruby-core] ScriptScope from IDictionary + function definitions = NotImplementedException

Anton Firsov antonfir at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 13:05:21 EST 2010

Hi all!

I'm running ruby script from C# in my project. It's a very useful feature to
initialize ScriptScope with an IDictionary, (it's much faster to fill a
dictionary, than making scope.SetVariable calls).

The problem is, that if I define functions in my script, then a
NotImplementedException is thrown.

A simple example is here: http://paste.dprogramming.com/dpil37pp
It fails at engine.Execute(script, scope). However, when I create my scope
with no dictionary, or just pass no scope to Execute, everything works fine.

Is it an issue to be fixed in the future?
I need to set, and change many context variables for my scripts at running
time, so I have to work out this problem somehow.
I'm using IronRuby 1.1.

Thanks:
Anton