[Ironruby-core] Using win32ole "connect" method on Ironruby

Timothy Barnes lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Nov 9 11:06:15 EST 2010

When trying to use the connect method inside the win32ole module.
Ironruby pops up:

"undefined method 'connect' for WIN32OLE:Class"

I see that has been logged as an official issue at:

http://ironruby.codeplex.com/workitem/4612

However, it has not been assigned to anyone to fix and previous
questions on it went unanswered. I personally have many programs using
this method that I would like to use through Ironruby without rewriting
using .net methods.

Just testing to see if this issue is on anybody's radar. Is it simple or
complex to solve? I understand there are probably many issues more
important than this but I am just wanting to know if I need to start
rewriting my programs or will this issue be resolved in the near future.

Timothy