[Ironruby-core] Running IronRuby script from C#

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 3 12:30:08 EDT 2010

Files don't need to be encoded in UTF8, you can chose any encoding supported on your system. IronRuby 1.1.1 supports BOMs and also Ruby specific #encoding directives.

I would suggest always using UTF8. Personally I consider any non-Unicode based encoding obsolete and frankly don't understand why Ruby went the way they did with all that complexity around encodings. It just makes it slower and cumbersome to use.

Tomas