[Ironruby-core] IronRuby on Rails and IIS 6 or IIS 7

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 31 19:37:15 EDT 2010

Nick,

IronRuby.Rack lets you run Rack-based applications on IIS, like Rails. Read more here:
http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby/tree/master/Merlin/Main/Hosts/IronRuby.Rack#readme

Basically get the IronRuby source code, build IronRuby.Rack.sln, and try the IronRuby.Rails.Example app; it will run Rails in IIS. If it doesn't work, it's probably just a configuration issue, so please let me know. The next release of IronRuby will be accompanied by a build of IronRuby.Rack.dll, if you'd rather wait until then.

Robert, what problems have you been having? I'll want to capture common issues in the docs, and also make sure you're unblocked.

~Jimmy