[Ironruby-core] ETIMEDOUT error code

Jason Diller jason at diller.ca
Mon Mar 22 19:50:57 EDT 2010

Further to my previous question about SSL. here are the details of what
is failing:

http.verify_mode = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER
#the following line causes a 'nomethoderror' because ca_file is undefined
http.ca_file     = File.dirname(__FILE__) + 'somecert.pem'

If I attempt to work around that error by omitting setting the ca_file
and setting the verify_mode to VERIFY_NONE I later (from the 'connect'
method in http.rb) get a NameError because OpenSSL::SSL::SSLSocket is
also undefined.

I'm wondering if I'm missing an OpenSSL library/gem or if the SSL
support is still to come in IronRuby.  Could someone poke me in the
right direction?