[Ironruby-core] IronRuby.Rack how to debug?

Cory Foy cory.foy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 02:24:44 EDT 2010

Ivan Porto Carrero wrote:
> I am unable to debug the application though. If I put
> System::Diagnostics::Debugger.break somewhere it will correctly break there
> but eventually visual studio (2008 and 2010) will just get tired of it and
> claim they have to quit.  I've seen that the debug windows gives me a lot of
> information and I was hoping that there would be some useful information
> there for me but because visual studio quits right at the interesting moment
> I'm unable to figure out what's going on as nothing is printed in the
> sysinternals debugvw application.

You may also want to try WinDBG with the SOS extension. Here's slides
with code and examples on using WinDBG to debug .NET applications:

What I'd try is using the File menu to attach to the process, then when
it breaks typing in ".loadby sos mscorwks". Next type in "sxe clr" and
then "g". It will now break on all CLR exceptions. You can type
"!printexception" to see the exception details when it breaks, and "g"
to make it go again. You can also type "!help" to see all of the SOS

Cory Foy