[Ironruby-core] IIS + IronRuby

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at whiterabbitconsulting.eu
Sun Mar 14 15:38:05 EDT 2010

but what I did was create a new solution in visual studio
Added references to the files from the ironruby rc3 distribution
Add the files from Merlin\Main\Hosts\IronRuby.Rack\*.cs to the solution

Applied this patch:

compiled as release

Added a bin folder to my public folder and copied the resulting assemblies
Added a web.config much like this one:

But I changed the values of LibraryPaths and GemPath to point to my ironruby
based on C:\ironruby\

I also changed the value of AppRoot to ..

and my config.ru in the RAILS_ROOT contains:

ENV['RAILS_ENV'] = 'production'
require "config/environment"

use Rails::Rack::LogTailer
use Rails::Rack::Static
run ActionController::Dispatcher.new

That should make your application work on IIS but there is still an open
problem around it not serving the images.
Ivan Porto Carrero
Web: http://whiterabbitconsulting.eu - http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim
Microsoft IronRuby/C# MVP