[Ironruby-core] ir / iirb on Mono

Cory Foy cory.foy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 16:29:18 EST 2010

Hi All,

I've noticed problems with iirb and ir interactive mode on my Mac. I'm
running the 1.0-rc2 build.

With ir, I've noticed two things:

1) The up arrow does not scroll through the command history. This works
on Windows.

2) the first character doesn't appear, though is processed, for each
line. For example, if I open a new ir session and type 'puts "Hello,
World"' the console shows:

 >>> uts "Hello, World"

but if I hit return, the command is processed just fine. It's literally
just the first character - I often end up hitting space then backspace
or something else before typing and then it is fine.

With iirb, I'm getting an exception just trying to run it:

cory-foys-macbook-pro:~ foyc$ iirb
IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `GetExecutable': infocmp -C (Errno::ENOENT)
	from IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `CreateProcess'
	from IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `CreateProcess'
	from :0:in ``'
	[Stack Trace truncated]

Running infocmp -C produces:

ory-foys-macbook-pro:~ foyc$ infocmp -C
#	Reconstructed via infocmp from file: /usr/share/terminfo/78/xterm-color
xterm-color|nxterm|generic color xterm:\

I'm happy to look into both of these, but wanted to see if anyone else
was seeing this before I did (or was looking at it already).

Cory Foy