[Ironruby-core] IronRuby.Ruby.GetExecutionContext removed

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 8 11:51:45 EST 2010

We removed it for 2 reasons:

1)      RubyContext is not a supported public API and can change any time. Hosting APIs on the other hand (i.e. IronRuby.Ruby class) will remain stable. We'll try hard not to introduce breaking changes.

2)      RubyContext is not remoting aware while Hosting APIs are.

HostingHelpers.GetLanguageContext can be used as a last resort workaround, however there is no guarantee we won't break such usage any time in future by changing RubyContext.
What methods on RubyContext does IronRuby.Rack need? If there is some feature that should be exposed via Hosting API we should add it.