[Ironruby-core] Open-Uri Path in App.Config

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 1 11:19:32 EST 2010

Probably because your app config is in a different location than ir.exe.

Try this. Replace:

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            var url = "http://www.google.com";

            var engine = IronRuby.Ruby.CreateEngine();

            var paths = new List<String>();
            paths.Add(@"C:\DevTools\ironruby-1.0-rc1\lib");
            paths.Add(@"C:\DevTools\ironruby-1.0-rc1\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8");
            paths.Add(@"C:\DevTools\ironruby-1.0-rc1\lib\ruby\site_ruby");
            paths.Add(@"C:\DevTools\ironruby-1.0-rc1\lib\ruby\1.8");

            engine.SetSearchPaths(paths);

            engine.ExecuteFile("../../screenscraper.rb");
            var obj =
engine.Runtime.Globals.GetVariable("ScreenScraper");

            var screenScraper = engine.Operations.CreateInstance(obj);

            var html = engine.Operations.InvokeMember(screenScraper,
"scrape", url);

            Console.WriteLine(html);

        }
With:

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            var url = "http://www.google.com";
            var setup = ScriptRuntimeSetup.ReadConfiguration();
            var scriptRuntime = Ruby.CreateRuntime(setup);
            var engine = Ruby.GetEngine(Runtime);
            //the following line might not be needed in this case
             var context = Ruby.GetExecutionContext(Engine);