[Ironruby-core] Open-Uri Path in App.Config

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at whiterabbitconsulting.eu
Mon Mar 1 03:42:50 EST 2010

Is this still an issue?

Provide a config file like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <section name='microsoft.scripting' requirePermission='false'
Microsoft.Scripting, Version=, Culture=neutral,

      <language extensions='.py' displayName='IronPython 2.6.1'
type='IronPython.Runtime.PythonContext, IronPython, Version=2.6.10920.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' names='IronPython;Python;py'/>
      <language extensions='.rb' displayName='IronRuby'
type='IronRuby.Runtime.RubyContext, IronRuby, Version=,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' names='IronRuby;Ruby;rb'/>

      <set language='Ruby' option='LibraryPaths'

Host IronRuby like this:

var setup = ScriptRuntimeSetup.ReadConfiguration();
scriptRuntime = Ruby.CreateRuntime(setup);
Engine = Ruby.GetEngine(Runtime);
Context = Ruby.GetExecutionContext(Engine);
// You can use Context.Loader.SetLoadPaths(IEnumerable<string> paths) to
replace the load paths at run-time