[Ironruby-core] bug?

Roger Pack lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jun 30 09:58:44 EDT 2010

Jimmy Schementi wrote:
> The public version of faster_rubygems on RubyGems.org is 0.9.2, which
> installs fine with IronRuby. It looks like you’re trying to install
> 0.9.3 from a .gem file, so there is most likely an issue with the new
> gem? Try installing 0.9.2 by just doing “igem install faster_rubygems”
> and see if that works for you.

C:\dev\digitalarchive_trunk>igem install faster_rubygems
ERROR:  Error installing faster_rubygems:

"C:/Program Files/IronRuby 1.0v4/bin/ir.exe" mkrf_conf.rb
Installed--thank you for trying out faster_rubygems
recreating all faster_rubygems caches
faster_rubygems: creating all caches
..warning, unable to write cache to:C:/Program Files/IronRuby

"C:/Program Files/IronRuby 1.0v4/bin/ir.exe" -rubygems C:/Program
Files/IronRuby 1.0v4/lib/ironruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/bin/rake
RUBYARCHDIR="C:/Program Files/IronRuby
RUBYLIBDIR="C:/Program Files/IronRuby
unknown: Could not find file 'C:\Program'. (Errno::ENOENT)

Gem files will remain installed in C:/Program Files/IronRuby
1.0v4/lib/ironruby/gems/1.8/gems/faster_rubygems-0.11.1 for inspection.
Results logged to C:/Program Files/IronRuby

Unable to install gems 1.3.7 to try that, for some reason...

I'm really not sure why it would succeed on others' computers.  Note
that it's a quite experimental gem so you may want to use it on a
throw-away computer.

Note also that if you do install it, try running "rake" or whatever you
want before and after--it "should" give a substantial speed increase
over the normal rubygems startup time, but I'm unable to test that on IR
without being able to install...