[Ironruby-core] Bindings for Silveright

Miguel Madero me at miguelmadero.com
Wed Jun 30 04:51:34 EDT 2010

That's great.

As a sort of related topic, I'm wondering if this could actually help us
consume 'Dynamic' components from tools like Blend. I know that this doesn't
mean we'll have an assembly that we can reference, but I'm thinking of
something like having a small dll that could be pointed to a dynamic object
that could provide a list of types (for components) which in turn could
provide information about their properties and methods.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Jimmy Schementi <
Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Databinding to Dynamic Objects in Silverlight 4 is not supported.
> However, IronPython supports a feature that does enable databinding in
> Silverlight, but it requires that you adorn your code with static-type
> information:
> http://gui-at.blogspot.com/2009/11/inotifypropertychanged-and-databinding.html.
> However, this is not supported in IronRuby today, as there is no way to
> provide that static type information, though it’s on the roadmap.

Miguel A. Madero Reyes
www.miguelmadero.com (blog)
me at miguelmadero.com