[Ironruby-core] Visual Ruby / Ruby in Steel — what's up?

Roger Sperberg lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Jun 24 17:15:56 EDT 2010

I'd like to use Visual Studio to work with IronRuby projects. (As a
developer and in Ruby, I'm a relative beginner; the group I'm working
with is committed to using VS.)

Am I correct in understanding that, up until recently, the way to get IR
integrated most thoroughly into VS was through Ruby in Steel?

I've read the back-and-forth about Microsoft's non-commitment to a
making a Ruby equivalent of Visual Python.

As a practical matter, if I get the Text edition of Ruby in Steel will
that provide the essential features I would want to integrate XAML work
with Ruby coding?

Has anything changed on the Microsoft end that would settle whether a
Visual Ruby will appear?

Thanks,

Roger Sperberg