[Ironruby-core] Problem building source - misleading information in Wiki (dev.bat)

Jonas Follesø jonas at follesoe.no
Fri Jul 30 02:56:28 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

I'm planning to make some changes to the IronPython Silverlight hosting, to
enable a writable virtual file system. So in order to do that I tried to set
up a new development environment (virtual machine) from scratch, but ran
into some issues.

The Wiki references a "deb.bat" file that will set up your environment (
http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/devbat), but the file doesn't exist
anymore in the source repository.

There is a dev.sh file, but it appears to have some merge issues in it
(bunch of >>>>>>> characters etc).

So my question is: is the github repository the main repository for IronRuby
development? Is dev.sh the new dev.bat? Any other tips on getting started
and building IronRuby? The change I'm planning to make is in the
Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight assembly, which seams small enough and easy
to follow, but I want to make sure I to this the proper way.