[Ironruby-core] Looking for more information on rubifying C# classes

Adam Burmister adam.burmister at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:53:27 EST 2010

Hello IronRubyists,

I'm currently hunting around trying to find references on rubifying a C# class for something I'm writing.

I have a few questions:
- Can you confirm this summary of the process to be correct (am I missing any steps):
  The generate class intialiser exe parses the attributes out and generates the initializer file. Then you recompile the library with the added initializer class included.
  When using load_assembly you pass in the name of the initializer class name as the second parameter.
  Under the covers that initializer tells IronRuby how to create the ruby API.

- Is there any documentation for the Ruby* attributes? (RubyMethod, RubyConstant, etc)
I can easily guess at what these are/do, but I just wanted to know if there is a definitive source.

- What are the differences between require and load_assembly (besides load_assembly loading the file on every call)

Any answers or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Adam Burmister