[Ironruby-core] Contributing to IronRuby on *nix

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Tue Jan 26 14:58:14 EST 2010

no guide so far.

To work and browse the IronRuby source I've been using monodevelop.
For ruby dev I've been using textmate on mac, gmate (plugin for gedit) on
ubuntu and notepad++ on windows, as well as Rubymine on all platforms but
that doesn't feel completely right.

With monodevelop you can open the IronRuby solution as is and start hacking.
there should be a dev.sh file which should set the right environment
variables and aliases when you source it.  I know the ironruby team did work
to make ironruby work properly on mono a while ago.

Ivan Porto Carrero
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim