[Ironruby-core] Did Something Changed Again in Spec...

Ryan Riley ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
Tue Jan 26 08:50:52 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Ivan Porto Carrero <ivan at flanders.co.nz>wrote:

> rcov has a pure ruby variant too IIRC. And for the sake of this discussion
> let's just say that that works as is with IronRuby.
> Then I'd be looking at the CLR profiling api again isn't it.
> And to enable that profiling API don't I have to instrument my dll with
> some constants so it knows it's going to be profiled?

If that's true, then we could start looking into making it work with .dlls.
What we may find is something similar to the mocking story: writing a new
one is just easier and makes more sense, e.g. caricature. RCov may turn out
to be useful only for Ruby apps and too difficult to make work with anything

Here's an InfoQ link on some of the progress made by JRuby (and Rubinius'
FFI): http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/07/jruby113-rcov-rubinius-ffi-mvm This
might be helpful if we decide to attempt a straight port with C# extensions.

Ryan Riley

Email: ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
Blog: http://wizardsofsmart.net/