[Ironruby-core] Did Something Changed Again in Spec...

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 26 04:17:21 EST 2010

You’re correct Ivan. Today RCov isn’t even supported on IronRuby because it uses a small c-extension. As Shri said previously, it’d be great if someone could remove the dependency on the C-extension (easiest way is to write the equivalent Ruby code … what Ryan is suggesting is a better way-long-term goal for IronRuby to be compatible with FFI-based extensions), and then RCov would work for code coverage of only ruby code. Now, imagine that was done, and it was called ironruby-rcov … this wouldn’t work for code coverage of your .NET code, so you’ll have to use the CLR code coverage tools. Only at that point could you think about add CLR support to ironruby-rcov.

Make sense now?