[Ironruby-core] Did Something Changed Again in Spec...

Mohammad Azam lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Jan 25 14:45:09 EST 2010

You are completely missing my point!!!!

gems are like GAC but IronRuby is not using them as GAC. It is using it
like a simple zip file extraction and folder path mechanism. Since, it
is not an installable every developer can download the IronRuby
framework in a different folder. Which means that on all the machines
the ENV variable is different and now gems are downloaded also in the
different folders. If we install IronRuby like "Ruby" using one click
installer then chances are high that it will reside in a common
directory. Using the method about I have to announce to all developers
that please keep your files in C:\IronRuby folder.