[Ironruby-core] Resque on IronRuby 1.0RC1 (it works) - some feedback

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 12:41:18 EST 2010

some feedback from my experiments, in case that's useful to anyone: I wanted
to see if I could use IronRuby to create Resque workers, and the answer
looks like yes.

Resque is a nice ruby/Redis-based message queue (introduction here:
http://github.com/blog/542-introducing-resque). It comes with a Sinatra
based UI (http://github.com/blog/543-new-resque-web-ui).

I'm using Resque to push XML messages from a Rails internet-based back-end
to IronRuby workers (that will do Excel spreadsheets generation amongst
other things).

To get this to work, use the edge version of Resque (not the gem 1.3.1), and
tweak IronRuby to tell it doesn't support Kernel.fork (

-- Thibaut