[Ironruby-core] "igem install rake" raise an System.UnauthorizedAccessException (Windows 7)

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 05:56:53 EST 2010

Hello,

doing my first real test on Windows 7 - I installed the latest IronRuby
(using the MSI installer) and igem install rake issues the following error:

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (SystemCallError)
    unknown scenario - System.UnauthorizedAccessException, C:/Program
Files/IronRuby 0.9.3.0/lib/ironruby/gems, Create

My understanding is that it's linked to the permissions in Windows 7.

If I manually create the gems folder and allow full control to the current
user (not in administrator mode), then I get the following error:

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (ArgumentError)
    Illegal characters in path.

Is there anyone currently running the MSI installed version of IronRuby on
Windows 7 without these issues ?

thanks,

-- Thibaut