[Ironruby-core] Is it possible to generate DLLs?

Shay Friedman shay.friedman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 09:04:37 EST 2010

Good idea.

However, I'd remove the file check before the production build (use #if
DEBUG or something similar).
Having it on the client computers generates 2 main problems:
1. Performance - you're doing one or multiple file system calls in vain.
2. Security - one can figure out about this little mechanism and put a
malicious foo.rb file in the correct folder, so your application uses and
executes it.

Thanks for sharing,
Shay Friedman | .NET Technologies Expert | Author of IronRuby Unleashed |
Sela Technology Center
Blog: http://IronShay.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/ironshay