[Ironruby-core] Accessing classes defined in IronRuby.dll from within IronRuby (IronRuby 1.0RC1)

Orion Edwards orion.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 21:44:55 EST 2010

I'd like to use the IronRuby name mangling methods from within a script I'm
writing, but it seems as though I can't access things that are defined in
IronRuby.dll?

Reflector tells me that TryMangleName is a public static method
on IronRuby.Runtime.RubyUtils, which is defined in IronRuby.dll.

I'm trying to access it like this:

> load_assembly 'IronRuby'
=> true
> System::AppDomain.current_domain.get_assemblies.each{|x| puts x}; nil
...(snip) ...
System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
IronRuby, Version=0.9.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
Microsoft.Scripting, Version=0.9.6.20, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
=> nil
> IronRuby::Runtime::RubyUtils.try_mangle_name("Foo")
NameError: uninitialized constant IronRuby::Runtime
> IronRuby::Runtime
NameError: uninitialized constant IronRuby::Runtime

Is IronRuby treating it's own dll's specially? If so, is there any way I can
get at the name mangling function?

Thanks, Orion.