[Ironruby-core] Bug?: Ruby2Ruby and ParseTree on IronRuby

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Sun Jan 17 21:32:30 EST 2010

> Any ideas on this? It's using Ruby2Ruby and ParseTree. Is it because it's
> based around C extensions? Anyone know how to do it on the CLR?

http://parsetree.rubyforge.org/

ParseTree hooks into MRI's internals and exposes the parse tree for a given chunk of Ruby code. For this to work on IronRuby you'd have to rewrite the C-extension-portion of this library to look at the DLR trees (may require changes to ironruby as well to expose the tree, but I'm not sure).

Ruby2Ruby is just a Ruby parser written in Ruby, but depends on racc, which uses a C extension, though it seems like you can run racc without it.

~Jimmy