[Ironruby-core] igem not working

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Thu Jan 14 16:13:33 EST 2010

That's fine but my point is that if you just want to just use ironruby do
NOT get the sources.. they haven't been updated in a while and the 1.0 RC1
version is probably very close to what you get with building from source but
without the added hassle and changed gems location.  There is no obvious win
anymore when you build from source.

>From the types of questions you ask I think that you never had a MS-DOS
based pc or haven't done much batch scripting in your life, which is
perfectly fine of course. Using the dev.bat file will change a bunch of
environment variables which you don't need at all.
Like Jim said earlier I think it's better if you just stick to released
versions of IronRuby so you don't have these kinds of surprises, just make
sure you install it in a path without spaces or that requires elevated
privileges (like say program files).

Sure a podcast sounds like a plan :).

Will there be anybody from the IronRuby team attending the mvp summit too?
Ivan Porto Carrero
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim