[Ironruby-core] Newwer to Ironruby/ruby

Sam Clopton lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jan 13 03:03:50 EST 2010

Shri Borde wrote:
> For SQL Server, you are better off using ironruby-dbi +
> sqlserver_adapter as mentioned in the attached email. Ivan has already
> fixed a number of SQL issues in ironruby-dbi. Usage is not streamlined
> yet though. See
> http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby/blob/master/Merlin/Main/Languages/Ruby/Tests/Scripts/ActiveRecordTests.rb
> for hints on how to set things up.
> I have added a rough note about this to
> http://ironruby.net/Documentation/Real_Ruby_Applications/Rails, but the
> instructions need to be flushed out more. Will be great if you can help
> flush this out...

I noticed your update to:

also, I had to add this:
in environment.rb as well so it would be added to the load path to get
it to work correctly.  Plus, I needed the deprecated gem which
iroonruby-dbi requires.  Might be worth mentioning that the user should
also set their correct username and password.

Hope this helps,