[Ironruby-core] Debug IronRuby in Silverlight

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 11 16:58:28 EST 2010

It's a bug; we were not emitting PDBs in Silverlight, by mistake (http://ironruby.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3423). This will be checked in shortly and fixed in the next release.

If you want to fix this yourself now, just remove the "#if !SILVERLIGHT" and corresponding "#endif" from RubyScriptCode.CompileLambda(http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby/blob/master/Merlin/Main/Languages/Ruby/Ruby/Runtime/RubyScriptCode.cs#L124), then rebuild IronRuby for Silverlight:

msbuild Merlin/Main/Languages/Ruby/Ruby.sln /p:Configuration="Silverlight Debug" /p:SilverlightPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\3.0.40818.0"

(make sure that path to Silverlight is correct for you).